GRANT WRITERS CORPS
An Apprenticeship Program for Emerging Nonprofit Professionals
ASSIST Development Consulting, LLC, is recruiting emerging nonprofit professionals with strong writing skills to participate in the Grant Writers Corps, an apprenticeship program that provides hands-on, professional experience in development and fundraising.
During the six-month program, selected candidates will be trained and placed in host organizations to complete specific, time-limited projects. With guidance from the host organization’s leadership and the support of a Development Coach, the apprentice will perform key functions of a Development Associate, such as:
- Researching and qualifying funding prospects
- Building and managing a grants pipeline
- Drafting the organization’s development plan
- Development writing (proposals, case statements, decks, appeals, social media, marketing, communications, PR)
- Creating/managing a donor database/record-keeping systems
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience/education that is relevant to nonprofit management, development and/or fundraising
- Excellent writing skills
- A sincere interest in a career in development, fundraising, philanthropy or nonprofit management
Here are some of the additional attributes of a successful apprentice:
- A creative, self-motivated learner who can thrive in an entrepreneurial setting
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- A passion for helping nonprofit organizations achieve their missions
This is a freelance opportunity that requires a time commitment of 25 hours per month for six months. Roughly 15 of these hours consist of independent work, and the other 10 is for trainings and meetings (both in-person and online). Candidates must have the schedule flexibility to fully participate in these activities.
Apprentices receive a monthly stipend and transportation allowance throughout the 6-month program.
- 25 hours of free training, coaching and career mentoring
- 100 hours of hands-on grant writing and development experience
- Real-life grant writing samples
- Connections to executive directors and nonprofit professionals
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter, summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position, along with a writing sample, to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for interviews will receive a response.